Friday, November 20, 2009

I am a serious fan of the BBC series, Robin Hood. I have always had a nostalgic attachment to the Robin Hood legend, so I will totally watch the Disney version with the freaky(yet endearing) little fox Robin any chance I get, but recently I have been hooked on the T.V. series. Witty dialogue, crazy plot twists, gorgeous british actors, good vs. evil, sword fights ; it has them all. There are also some really cool costumes on the series, some of which I plan on recreating soon. I've been rewatching season 1 lately and this lovely orange dress of Marian's caught my eye..


I love love loove the way the dress splits with the conrasting underskirt beneath...It kind of reminds me of paintings by Waterhouse. And the embroidery? Not exactly me, but you gotta give the designer props for creativity ;) The punchy orange color doesn't hurt either. I don't think I could sew something so detailed but it definitely gives me ideas....

Screencaps from Robin Hood 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment