Saturday, December 19, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are Soundtrack Review

Let the wild rumpus start! The Where The Wild Things Are soundtrack was nearly as whimsical and free spirited as the book.

There were moments in the music, I felt like I was being transported back to one of those magical childhood moments where everything seemed possible. Then there were a couple of moments I would've liked to be transported far away from my stereo too......But all in all, I really enjoyed it. One of my favorite aspects of this album had to be the unique music style. With a mixture of techno beats, indie rock, and bookoos of hand clapping and humming, it has a very distinct feel. The dialogue which was inserted at the beginning of some of the songs was a little distracting, though.



My favorite tracks:


  • All is Love- I.M.H.O., the best track on the entire album. Wins the award for Catchiest tune.

  • Rumpus- Upbeat and correlates with the book beautifully.

  • Worried Shoes- Dream like song with cryptic lyrics. Kinda trippy. I like it.

Tracks(or a track, really) which bamboozled me:



  • Animal- Maybe this was just me, but it sounded like something from one of those old western movies...yeeeaaahh..... and then the random screaming at the end....

No comments:

Post a Comment